Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Great expanse

Do you remember back in February when I was debating on colors for our great expanse? The area above that is basically seen from every area in our home and touches almost every wall. I woke up this morning and after I got a last minute day off decided to start painting. 4 hours later and an exhausted me and this is what I have. One coat on everything. I even found a duster in the garage that had a handle that extends to reach all the way to the ceiling. It wasn't fun at all and even worse is I have to go back and do a second coat. I need to do all of the doorways, cabinets, railing, and baseboards white as well but one step at a time.It isn't that noticeable in the pictures but it looks fresh and clean.
Can I also point out my awesome new clock. I saw it at Kirkland back in February for $100. There was no way I was going to pay that much but I waited until it went on sale for $49.99 and used a coupon and paid just under $30 for her. I love her and I am thrilled at the price. Plus you can see the time from my work space which is a bonus.
So in the next few weeks I will do a second coat of tan, add the white to everything and add handles to the linen closet to liven it up a bit. Oh and we are painting the hand rail for the stairs a dark brown. I can't wait to see it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment